View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Default ebay bidder dan.netscape.net-- t214 card on ebay

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

"In regards to the use of the typing, I've seen that same description of what you are saying all over ebay feedbacks by plenty of people. It's nothing unusual."

I'm sure in 9 out of 10 cases it's not unusual, but in my experience outing shillers there have been many cases where the feedback has often been similar in this way. It isn't an indictment, but it is a red flag.

"In regards to your comment about it being 'sad' if someone informs these people about this thread. Isn't it more sad that this discussion is going on about them behind their backs? I'm not writing to either of them but it's usually more pathetic to not bring the involved person into a conversation or even better, bid on their auctions intentionally while knowing that you won't pay, only because you 'think' it's a shill bidder in action and not knowing what the real story is. As some on this board are inclined to do."

I do agree that each side should have a chance to present their side. My comment had to do more with the fact that board members are not as supportive as they once were and that there are some who would like to tattle about this thread just to drum something up. Everytime an Ebay Seller is outed for something they always miraculously make their way to this board and a war ensues. Since I didn't include the the Ebayers in question in the discussion and offered an opinion that is less then positive does that mean I'm pathetic?

I think that it was proper to post this thread and there are a few red flags that may point to shilling. If I'm wrong, I'll be more than willing to admidt it. If others disagree and prefer to throw caution to the wind for the sake of not hurting anyone's feelings, then by all means bid away.