Thread: Rea
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
It always feels like a drunken bender in Vegas when I put my initial bids in. When I look at the amount for items I'm winning, I gulp, wipe the perspiration off the top of my forehead and then root for a few of my bids to be topped.

A couple of days later when I am still the top, I start thinking about what cash is liquid, what I would need to pull from investments, and of course, how I break it to my wife. I then go into this crazy rationalization that says "well, if I get those cards for this price, I will gladly pay it!"... when then gets me back to the conversation with the MRS and how much hell there will be to pay if I win everything.

This then leads to 99% of the bids eventually being topped and usually 2-3x the amount that I put in. The auction eventually closes with me either being shut out or winning one item that was probably at the bottom of the list (or something that I already had but I thought it was a good deal) and I bemoan my floor bids not holding up.

One day, I will not go through this cycle, but, alas, it is my 2x a year (soon to be 3x) REA experience...
You absolutely nailed it. I thought it was just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
You most definitely do not see many “bargains”, but you can pick up many “keepers”
So true, Ryan!

Last edited by CW; 10-07-2018 at 06:52 PM.