View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 12:08 PM
William Peebles

Brett, Deacon, thanks for the endorsement. Much appreciated.

Mr. Mitt, I am in complete agreement with you on the subject of relining certain gloves. Whenever possible I always try to repair the original material or replace using an appropriate vintage donor. In the case of Brett's glove, it was not possible to repair so it was replaced with new horsehide. The value is now in the fact that you can once again put your hand in the glove. Something that was once fragile and falling apart, now has a very nice hand feel. With Deacon's King Patent, it had zero lining and zero padding. It was simply a shell. The donor lining that was put in was vintage, though obviously not original, and restored the glove to its original appearance. If we were talking about a G41 Ruth, I would strongly caution that the value is in the stamping, not the lining. It's a case by case basis and, as a fellow collector, I always try to make a judgement with the customer that is based on the specific glove that is in need of work. If someone absolutely wants to play catch with a G41, that's up to them. I can do that.

khkco4bls, you can contact me by clicking on my name, a drop down menu with "send email to william_9" option will appear. I do vintage repairs, custom rebuilds and lots in between. This a minor element of what I do, so I will never try to push a certain approach on you.

wmpeebles@gmail.com