View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 09:59 AM
Fred

When you guys see that the contestants didn't grade the same cards, you'll probably do the same thing - cringe. Why weren't they doing an apples/apples comparison? Then they had two different graders doing the analysis for each batch of cards. WTF? Subjectivity and more subjectivity. I'd give the idea of the contest a 10. Actual contest relevance, after watching an apples to oranges comparison of cards, grade = 4. Actual contest relevance, after watching an apples/orange comparison between different grader = 4. Overall score is about 3 because, in my subjectivity, the entertainment value was on a somewhat interesting level, but the waste of time grade drops this to a 3.

The contestants seem to think that there should be different grading scales for different eras for the cards. Uh, that is just crap, all grading should apply to ANY frigging card regardless of era. It looked like the Jeff guy had a very high tendency to put more weight on centering.