View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Default 1947 Bond Bread questions

Posted By: Josh

I am very familiar with these cards, both the 48 card set as well as the 13 card Robinson set. Is it possible for a card that was created using photoengraving to be counterfeited to look exactly like the card was originally printed? Originally, I did not think so, but after seeing some of the things I have seen, I actually think someone somewhere along the lines had access to advanced printing equipment (or perhaps an original printing machine capable of photoengraving), knew what they were doing, created professional plates using the same print pattern as the original, and ultimately created the suspected reprints of the 1947 set. I have examined many of these square and round corner cards, and the photoengraving looks legit under 10X on every one of them. I also believe that whoever created the counterfeits also is responsible for creating the entire 1963 Bazooka set in singles. And I also believe this person lives in Pennsylvania, and many of the cards, especially the fake Bazooka's, were introduced into the market locally around that area. Many of the sellers who are now selling them are from around that area. And I also think these cards have a direct tie with the eBay celebrity-for-a-day, paoutdoorsman.
Anyone else know anything about who created those Bazooka's? That may reveal quite a bit more about those 47 Bond Bread square corner cards.