View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Whats your point? I made the case about total bases versus hits....why all of the sudden are you arguing that im saying 3000 hits is worthless and asking about if i played in the show

so if wade boggs told you than 3000 hits isnt a big deal, you would change your mind..or adam greenberg since he got 1 ab..whatever he says about baseball is right compared to you because you didnt play in the show? why go there....look at my post......it just compares total bases to hits....man, whats the deal.

and what bravosforever stated....what clemente did for his 3000 hits blows away ichiro...yet we grouping them in the same category as an equal accomplishment...
Yes, 3000 hits a big deal. You are comparing apples to oranges. Ichiro is a top of the order guy. His job is to get on base. I will take his 3000 hits over 2500 with 5000 tb, for his position in the lineup. I don't care if many of those 3000 are infield hits. It is the guys behind him whose job it is to drive him in. You also ignore that his speed is going to make up for some of those total bases by taking extra bases on other's hits.

I would take Ichiro over Thome for the top of the order. The only way I take Thome is if I have others just as good as getting on base and he is an upgrade over my middle of the lineup guys. Ichiro is also a good fielder. Thome is not.