View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Default Greatest athlete of all-time

Posted By: DJ

Rocky ended his career undefeated and beating Ezzard Charles twice, while Louis had three losses under his belt including Charles and 'The Rock' of course. Louis should have had four but Billy Conn had to get a little too cute in my favorite fight. Louis was great but I would put a couple fighters ahead of him and he did in fact get some fights his way for who he was.

The price of a trading cards should not define greatness. A lot of people talk about Dave Winfield which surprises me a little. Sure he was a good High School / College athlete but played only baseball. He could have gone into Basketball and been a total bust.

Bryan, first off, this is a friendly debate with no winner so using the words- Seriously get a clue. Do some research- doesn't show much class in making your point.

Bo was an amazing athlete and deserves to be in at least the top 10 all-time. Think about this- You work hard and play baseball from April to September and the go straight into the punishing NFL world from September to December. There is no break and your body aches throughout.

DJ