View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Default Greatest athlete of all-time

Posted By: davidcycleback

These ESPN polls really are a form of entertainment-- a way to waste some time on a web page.

I read a comic strip on the comics page and thought, "That is stupid." It then dawned on me that likely not all the comic strips in the newspapers were intended for someone in his 30s. Some comic strips were made to entertain five and six years old. And there's nothing wrong that. Once a person realizes that certain things in this world, like Britany Spears, Lindsey Lohan, ESPN Poll picks and 30 percent of cable news (for example when cable news reports on Britany Spears, Lindsey Lohan and ESPN Poll picks), were intended to intellectualy stimulate the minds of 10 and 11 year olds, things make more sense.

Probably not the best athlete of all time, I like Gertrude Ederle who in 1926 and at the age of 19 was the first woman to swim the English Channel-- breaking them men's record by almost 2 hours! Due to prevailing currents she had to swim a significantly longer route than normal. Before she swam, many newspapers didn't think a woman had the natural abilities to perform such athletic feats.

When I ran track, I had two coaches tell me me that the top pole vaulter was the best athlete in track and field.