Thread: PSA versus SGC
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 06:22 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbspelly View Post
I know I'm in the minority here, but for me, getting a card slabbed is about authentication and preservation of a wonderful baseball artifact. Cracking open a perfectly good SGC slab and paying to resubmit the card to PSA in hopes that you will get lucky with a more lenient grader, thus changing a card's resale value (notice I don't say "worth") from, say, $500, into one now miraculously worth $800 (just making up these numbers as an example), just seems kind of crazy to me.

Probably some of my view stems from the fact that I collect cards due to a family connection and don't look to make money on them. So as I said, I understand that I am in the minority here. But I always find these discussions bewildering.
I'm trying to understand what you're saying, but money is money. I can certainly appreciate your stance about the preservation of the card, but why would you not want that opportunity dollar wise? You don't have to crack the card. If it's a solid SGC grade, submit it to PSA with a minimum requirement of at least the equal PSA grade. Everyone talks about how nice SGC holders look, financially that doesn't mean squat. Also, they are a travesty when it comes to the security of the card between those stupid gaskets. But yet, they haven't done a damn thing about it...

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 07-28-2016 at 06:23 PM.