View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Default Anonymity- should it be allowed ?

Posted By: barrysloate

I'm on vacation and using the computer at the library, so forgive me if I'm a bit behind. But this is an issue I have brought up many times. I think all posters should use their first and last name, partly because this is a community of friends (for the most part) with common interests and it frustrates me when I'm responding to a post and don't know the respondent. A few have noted that because they often post confidential information about large purchases, they don't want their names revealed. I feel this board is not the appropriate venue for such confidential information. If you made a six figure purchase in an auction, it's nobody's business so it shouldn't be here. This board should include posts that one is willing to share with other members, and therefore first and last names should be required. The board should be considered something we partake in during our leisure time, an outshoot of our hobby interests; it's not a CIA thinktank and personal stuff should be relegated to personal emails.