View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Default Anonymity- should it be allowed ?

Posted By: jay behrens

Leon needs less work, not more. Allowing anon posters is just asking for trouble. Look at the mayhem cause by vikes. Leon and Brian would be spending all their free time editing posts if people are allowed to remain anonymous and post at will.

It's a truely sad statement that someone made that they are more than willing to post here and chat about cards, but they could care less if they ever met any of us. The hobby is more than just the cards. It's the collectors and dealers too. You can go to a show, walk away empty handed and still feel like it was worthwhile if you got meet up with some fellow collectors and swap stories, etc. You can do that here too, but there is nothing like good old fashion face time with a fellow collector.

I don't have a real issue with someone wanting to remain anon as long as all they are doing posting benign information. Once you cross the line of making accusations, or even post negative info about someone, even if the info is in the public domanin, then you need properly ID yourself. Otherwise, Leon and Brian should delete the posts immediately. It's too easy for someone with a ahidden agenda to hide behind anonymity.

Jay

I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.