View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 12:34 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Now that we are older and have a few bucks, it is cool to buy the stuff we lusted after as kids. I bought myself a complete collection of first series Garbage Pail Kids a few years back. Also bought a few unopened packs of First Series, and ripped them open. I started collecting when they were already by the Second Series, and despite having my grandmother drive me around all of Miami searching for a first series pack, I never found one.
Nice! I did the same a few years ago (got 1st through 3rd). I was in 2nd or 3rd grade when GPKs came out and we went nuts over them, and also mostly missed out on the 1st series. Those who had them had trading gold. I remember trading about 10-20 baseball cards, including my only vintage card ('56 Don Zimmer) for Wrinkly Randy. We searched for the 1st series packs too. They were long gone from stores, but there was a random Chinese restaurant named Tongs that was selling them for $11. $11!!!! In 1985! I didn't have that kind of purchasing power in 3rd grade, and so never bought one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garbage Pail Kids series 1-3 2nd pic.jpg (72.6 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg Garbage Pail Kids series 1-3 NM.jpg (72.0 KB, 214 views)