View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 07:22 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Glenn -

I think you got that W600 Collins from me a while back at a fraction of what you sold it for! Congrats! Looks like you’ve been using those funds wisely. Happy for you. Sad for me.
That's the one. It was in the Goodwin auction that stayed open until about 6:00 A.M. I would have missed it, but one of my kids woke me up at about 5:30. When I had a chance to check on the auction a little while later I was surprised to see it was still running, and I put in a bid on the Collins, my first bid since an opening day placeholder I think. Somehow that was enough. I always thought it was worth about twice what I paid, but I just found somebody who thought it was worth four times what I paid, and that was just too much for me to turn down, though it was certainly one of my favorite cards. I haven't seen another one up for auction/sale in the three and a half years since Goodwin, but I know there are at least four of them out there, and I imagine I'll go after the next one that hits the auction block.