View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Default A Collector, Mastro, PSA & Our Beloved Hobby

Posted By: Phil B.

PSA, which is now part of a publicly traded company, is going to one day have to answer for their many transgressions several of which have been brought to light on this board. I have had similar issues as the one originated in this post- but my most recent bothersome example of PSA's lack of care was when I submitted two '33 Goudey Ruth's which I received back in a box ungraded with no explanation of any kind- however, PSA charged the grading fees. I emailed customer service assuming there had been some mistake. Did someone accidentally just mail them back to me? Were the cards deemed to be ungradeable for some reason? Doesn't the charging of a fee to me imply that I am entitled at least to an explanation of what service I received for the fee charged? I emailed customer service- nothing. I mailed customer service- nothing. I wrote a letter directly to Joe Orlando- nothing. So I paid $60 to have two perfectly good cards mailed back to me in a box. Both were ultimately graded by SGC although one was graded Authentic (trimmed).

I predict (and hope) that PSA or CU will eventually become the defendant in a lawsuit either regarding a particular high value mess like the one in this post- or perhaps a class action suit from a group of similarly mistreated parties who band together. PSA assumes that the little guy will just slink away - which is partly why the known "big boys" are possibly better catered to. But the little guy will not sit by silently forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!