View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Ok, that's why mine didn't look any different. Both my Old Mill and SC 350/25 have stripes, although they are lighter. Both cards have the "washed out" or "faded" look to them. Maybe you guys just saw some washed out copies and the stripes weren't noticeable? Or maybe the stripes are more prominent on with some backs than others.

Can't get my Old Mill to upload for some reason, but here is the SC 350/25:
Interesting, we'll have to revisit those in more detail.

The lines are very clear on 150's.

I just checked mine, and it's also an SC 350/25 and has no lines. Even under 40X there's no trace of them.
In looking at cards on Ebay, there was one decent scan of a 150 with them, and it didn't seem to have any gray shading on the cap, which mine has.

I'll get a pic of the area, and put it up.

On the plus side, we may learn a bit about the progression, Stronger lines, lighter, maybe from plate wear, then no lines. The gray/no gray would be a change too. And some subset of those cards I think will prove to be a lot less common.
On the down side, this probably eliminates the one clear same subject cutoff between 150 and 350, which complicates things.
Ah well, the monster continues to surprise and confound even where you think you've cornered it.

Steve B