View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
Prior to finding out about Battlefields on this board, I won 6 EPDG t206s in one of their auctions. Couldn't really believe I was scoring mint looking cards for under $100 each. Anyway, I sent the cards to PSA and they all came back "minimum grade" and not in holders. Steaming, I immediately contacted BF and threatened poor EBay feedback if they did not refund me.

The refunded me right away after I returned the cards. Of course I lost the $88 I paid PSA, but still I was satisfied after the refund and I decided to never buy from them again. But I always look at what their selling.

I can't believe how many time this green Cobb has been sold, returned, and relisted.

During my communication with BF, I expressed to them that these cards would still sell if the listing indicated cards where potentially trimmed. I own dozens of "A" t206s that I love due to bold colors. I believe they are now somewhat more forthcoming with their listings and all should bid accordingly.

I would love to own that Cobb even if it is an "A". But what would I be willing to pay? Probably about $500.

I'm not defending BF. I'm just sharing that they did issue me a refund without any hesitation. I refer to BF as "they" because after reading all the posts here, I'm not really sure who they/she is/are. I mean, there is some speculation that Carol? is deceased, even though her name is on all mailings.

Another note about my purchase form them. One card clearly had a small speck of paper loss on the front of the card. Even though the listing had the same "near mint, no crease, no blah, blah, blah" in it, the scan very clearly showed the paper loss - it was not photo shopped out. I won the card for $26 and it came back from PSA as a "3".

While I mainly only deal in T206s, it is very interesting how they seem to come up with tons and tons of really sharp cards. And considering all of their feedback, most of the buyers are happy with them.

I ultimately left positive feedback as I was satisfied with communication and refund. I also did not want to get into a pissing contest with them or have them leave poor feedback for me - I proudly stand at 100% positive.
I appreciate someone positing an alternative point of view based on their experience. What I don't understand is leaving POSITIVE feedback when the cards were not as advertised, you lost grading fees, shipping fees, and time. How is that a remotely positive experience? At best, I can understand neutral or not leaving feedback at all, but positive?

Also, buyers don't receive negative feedback anymore for this reason. So that buyers can honestly evaluate a transaction without fear of retribution.