View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 08:04 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

Default GA / GAI / Envoy Collectables

Wanted to get some more feedback on these companies. First off GAI. I used them about 13 years ago to cross authenticate a Ted Williams ball I won at a silent auction that I was skeptical about. A Tom Brady mini helmet that I got from Rich Altman which I felt good about and a Hank Aaron ball that I got from QVC maybe 20-25 years ago that I felt good about (until just recently).

Williams didn't pass
Brady and Aaron did

So I thought they were good but then all the stories came out. I want to say this was around 2003/2004. Plus I've read that QVC stuff had some fakes so that gets me thinking.

Recently I got an Edelman mini with a GA holo. I've seen forums where Sipe says that those are 100% legit because they were involved with signings with JE11 and Gronk. Thoughts on what I've written so far? Should I feel concerned about the Aaron/JE11. I feel good about the Brady still but since the only holo that is the GAI should I get another on it? There is no holo from Altman.

Anyone know anything about Envoy? They have a bunch of stuff I'm looking at for very good prices. I emailed them on a specific player and they confirmed they worked with them.

Some of these players are pretty low end and I don't see the upside of forging some of these to make a $10 profit.

Anyone with info on Envoy.

For the most part I get this stuff in person or with PSA or JSA. These are a couple of the few exceptions.

Thanks - Steve