View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 05:59 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
Correct. An eBay search only takes into account that one specific aspect of what they do. We already know Dean's has his own site, not sure on Yep. There are other issues we have no clue about as to why they price as high as they do. My best guess is they either feel that their pricing is the perfect balance between supply and demand (I don't think it is, but I don't have all the information), they are in on their cards for a lot, or they just like to price their stuff high and are able to wait it out. No matter what the reason, their prices are higher than what the actual market dictates, IMO. Some would argue that they sell cards, so that's the market, but that's a false narrative. The best indicator is however close they are to the middle of the supply and demand axis. I don't think they're center, but again, I'm only basing that on what I've looked at for their eBay sells. Lots of other means of selling than just eBay.

sold listings do mean something though..you can see who actually pays full retail value and when they do direct sales they will close those active listings as not available.......