View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Matt Wieder

Default Mission Accomplished! Addie Joss Memorial Game Collection

About a year ago I set out on a project of getting a card of every player who participated in the Addie Joss memorial All-Star game in 1911. The idea evolved into a wall display, with the famous panoramic image on top and then the card of each player matted underneath where they were standing (two for Jack Graney, of course). Not including the mascot, 38 players/managers are in the photo; 37 of which have cards.

As I spoke to the framer, it became clear that the only way this would make sense is if the card for each player was as narrow as possible (i.e. using a T206 instead of a CJ), and even then, the display would be 7 feet wide; this of course made the search for cards more of a challenge.

Last week a group of 3 of us won the M116 lot in Legendary which landed me the last card I needed for completion - the Cy Falkenberg. I expected some of the Zeenuts and T210s to be more difficult but I had all of those a few moths ago and am thrilled to finally be complete.

I know a few of you were wondering where I was on this project, so I just wanted to update things.

Last edited by Matt; 05-04-2009 at 09:43 AM.