View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Default For all the PSA haters and GAI Lovers

Posted By: James Gallo

I don't expect all the companies to be the same but certain things should be expected as main stream.

I would never expect a card with 2 pin holes would get a grade above a good. If it was a GAI 2, I would have expected it but to be 2 full or more grades higher then it should be in insane. I have given the card to SGC, so we will see. I may send it to PSA just for the hell of it to see what they would grade it at.

The pin holes are pretty well hidden and aren't large so you could miss them if you just looked at the card. Once you hold it up to the light you can see them without a problem.

I expected it to be over graded but this is a little much.

MVSNYC
That is interesting what you did and the results you got.

I could see some variance on paper loss especially on the back as that is something that even us collectors argue over as some aren't bothered by it as much as others.

However I don't think anyone would argue that a card with 2 pin holes is a fair to good at best with any of the big three companies.

I was SO excited to get a card I really needed in good shape only to be so devastated when I saw the pin holes.

Man what a crappie feeling that was.

James Gallo

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.