View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 06:15 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

You seem like a nice guy so I will share this with you. I read your posts and I am thinking that you want to finish collecting a set of things quickly. Heres the thing, it takes a LOOOOOONG time to finsh collecting a set of anything like tickets or programs. I started collecting all of Mark McGwire's homerun tickets back in 1998. Guess what? I'm not done. I still need about 25 tickets. I know a guy collecting all Nolan Ryan games. He has been at it longer than me! Guess what? Not done. I know another guy collecting all Ripken's streak games. He's been at that longer than me. Guess what? Not finished, and he bought out a rivals collection not long ago. And all 3 of these collections are way more modern than the Jackie set you are looking to do. I'm not telling you not to do it. I'm just saying in this hobby there is no instant gratification. It all starts out well, but it slows up pretty quickly. Sometimes I go more than a year before I get a stub I need. Buckle up for the long haul if you are serious.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears