View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Why do you think your being anyting but interested is a pita.
I think the one place that no has gone to is the company that said the ticket not the autorgraph is real. I would love to know how they authenticated that ticket. If was not stamped how did they know it was from 1934.
Scott, don't get upset. I think that the company that said the ticket is authentic should explain why.
If there is secret to this then I wouild really be upset, that would mean that the ticket could be faked.
Leon, can you find this out?
Scott please correct me. The only 700 hr ticket you have seen was dated on the ticket and sold for $2500 plus. There is no other ticket out there except the one that is not a real ticket but one that is stamped. Hof,Yankees, Tigers, all of the place that you would think have a ticket don't. It is like Jimmey Spence authenticating an autograph that has no exemplars.
Shelly, I know of only one printed date ticket in the hobby. That certainly does not mean that another does not exist. There were 20,000+ fans in attendance. This is pretty strong attendance for 1934.

One important point is that a ticket actually exists with a date on it, period. MANY tickets never had dates or years printed on the tickets themselves, only game numbers. This was the rule, not the exception at many ball parks. Detroit was one of the stadiums, that for history sake, fortunately produced plenty of dated tickets in this era.