View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

California Sportscards has a large inventory and carries a decent amount of pre-war. Southbay Sportscards in Torrance also had a good selection. Beverly Hills Baseball card shop is great, Matt knows his stuff, and his prices are pretty good. Burbank is my standard for huge card shop. They moved to a large warehouse a few years ago and have the largest inventory on hand I have ever seen. They do have some prewar stashed away but it is often expensive and you have to get Rob to get it. Rob has been great for me over the years though. Valley Baseball cards, one of the oldest stores in LA, is located on Ventura Bl. in the west end of the San Fernando Valley. Original owner passed away a few years ago but new owner really has not changed too much. Last time I was in he had a few reasonably priced pre-war cards but nothing I was interested in. Lots of oddball, beaters, and stars there though.

That is about it. Used to be a great shop in Claremont that had wonderful inventory and prices but they sold off their stuff. There is a shop still on Grand Ave. in or around Glendora that gets some vintage rarely.

AVOID Porkys in the west San Fernando Valley...overpriced and a-holes.

Joshua