View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Seth

Default The T209 IIs that don't exist

It's an extreme pleasure to see images of the T209-II collection of the late Joe Pelaez in the current REA auction. I doubt that many people have ever assembled a more complete set, and with this sale following the auction of a 210 card lot in last year's REA, we have really seen the scope of these wonderful cards. That said, the REA lot this year and last year have a few "usual suspects" when it comes to the cards they're missing to complete the Standard Catalog's checklist for the T209 photo set. Joe P. was only missing 7 cards: Armstrong Wilson, Cowell, Crockett, Hyames, Mundell, Wolf, and Wright.

Of these, the Cowell and the Mundell appeared in the 2011 lot, leaving five cards. I've seen an Armstrong/Wilson (hint: search this board). The other four make up the hardest T209 II cards out there; I've never seen them. There's been debate on this board about the existence of the Crockett--I'm still not convinced. All four of these players appear in the T210-7 Series, for what that's worth.

Has anyone ever seen a T209 Hyames, Crockett, Wolf, or Wright? Anyone have a scan? Maybe it's time to cross these off the official checklist until further notice.