Thread: Facebook page?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 09:43 PM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I see people walking down the street, or sitting at tables with their friends, who literally cannot take their eyes off their devices for more than a couple of seconds at a time. This cannot be a good thing for them or society. Even in professional meetings younger people especially have one eye (or even two) on their devices much of the time. And what compels people to put their daily lives online for all the world to see, I truly don't get that.
I notice this as well, although I'm not in meetings, but I see it when I'm out fishing. Maybe 1-4 people will show up and fish, all the while on their phones. After about 15 minutes they pack it in and leave because they haven't caught a fish or "the fish weren't biting". Personally I love it because it gives me the opportunity to fish along the entire shoreline and presents me with better chances to catch more fish.

Its not a video game or instant gratification, so if the fish don't respond right away, they leave. Patience is becoming a lost virtue.

I do have a Facebook page only because my Army buddy was in Iraq and it was a way for us to communicate instantly. Now that the war is over I've found that I have no need for Facebook.