View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 01:51 PM
bR@dY ThuRsT0N

What a great question....although I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer. I purchased a few Zeenuts featuring 'Sloppy Thurston' last year. My only interest was that we share the same last name. I quickly fell in love with the Zeenuts in general and that set me towards purchasing my first T206, E120/E122/E90. I was now hooked on vintage collecting. I digress.....I've only recently (three/four years) began to get back into collecting baseball cards in general, albeit all modern. I've began to sell anything and everything modern that I own. I was also a 'prospector' and still enjoy reading up on the youngsters and forming an opinion...but not while investing in their IMO over-priced cards. I have never regretted unloading my modern cards, not in the least. I was tired of spending 1200 on a BC jumbo case only to pull a few decent prospects, a ton of no-name prospects and basically losing a ton of money. I'd rather buy vintage singles that I enjoy looking at and rarely lose any value.
Apologies for the long-winded response but it really hit home for me.

Last edited by team-of-rivals; 05-19-2014 at 01:52 PM.