View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

He isn't infringing (or at least that part I am not sure of) but he is committing fraud. Fraud is illegal and is a crime. As far as getting an authority very involved for what amounts to a few Happy Meals, I agree. It probably won't happen. But don't think for a second what he did wasn't criminal. It was. It is black and white and not any gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Not a contrarian, just a realist. You're right, he was representing them as having come from Topps (as T206Collector also pointed out as I was typing this). I'm not arguing that fact. I'm arguing whether or not it's illegal to do so. The card itself has no trademark or copyright, so what is he really infringing upon here?

Tell, you what. If you think it's illegal, why don't you do the hobby a big favor and report it? I'll even save you some time. Larry lives (or I believe he did at one time) in Buffalo, NY. You can email the Buffalo police department at tips@bpdny.org or call them directly at (716) 847-2255. Please report back and let the board know what they say.

I keep repeating myself but obviously some don't get it. I think what Larry did was totally unethical. I'm not defending him, I'm sharing my opinion of what I believe to be true (whether or not it's a crime - that was the original question which I responded to). But, again, here's your chance to prove me wrong. I'll be waiting.

Last edited by Leon; 08-10-2017 at 03:56 PM.