View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 07:33 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Awesome information, Andrew! It could be they were still using the city names when you worked at Wrigley in the 1980's. That is consistent with what Mike says. I know that these days, they are using team names in team colors on the "yardarms."

Mike mentioned the difference between grommets and D-rings but, with all due respect, I'm not sure that would be an identifying location characteristic. Either one will work with a snap hook on the ropes. The Pirates flag that Tom owns has the D-rings.

The only thing I can't reconcile is the purple and white color of my San Francisco flag...every other example I have seen (for other teams) is done in a color scheme that "makes sense." In the B&W pic posted earlier, it's impossible to know the colors. I would love to know who produced thes flags in the past and if the same company is providing them today. I have a bunch of Giants flags from the Bay Area and they are stamped "Paramount Flag Co." I'm going to keep digging. At least to me, this is as Arte Johnson would say on Laugh In...."Vedy interesting!"

P.S. I'm really not liking the NL West standings in the picture below!!

Just a thought but could sun fade have caused the change in the color of the pennant?