View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benderbroeth View Post
i have to laugh because i am doing just the opposite, i am on a very limited budget so i am selling some of my psa 3 t205, for about what i sold them for so that i can buy 2 or more psa 1's that i need, so i can increase the number of t205's i have....i have to say when it comes to the old cards i really love the lower condition ones to the higher grade.
Agreed.
The story behind a high grade card is often far less than what you get from a low grade card. Chances are, the high grade card was in a box for 100 years. Is that very exciting?

But think about the possibilities or what may have happened to a low grade card. Why is there that huge corner crease? Doesn't it look like someone spilled beer on this edge? What does the 98 written in pen mean? Was it someway the original owner kept track of what he had?

At least to me, especially since they are much cheaper, a lower grade card is more of my thing. Whenever I buy something, I always find past auctions and transactions and their descriptions to see where it's been. Challenging to trace it all the way back unless it's a very high end card.

Sure, if they were the same price I might go for the better condition one. But considering how much more history a low grade card has, I like to go with those. Nothing against people who collect the high grade stuff...I guess both ends of the spectrum have their qualities.