Thread: Garage Sales
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Default Garage Sales

Posted By: davidcycleback

My mom volunteers for a small Seattle charity that clothes the needy. Just a few weeks ago the Seattle Seahawks donated a pile of worn practice clothes. The inside had all the Seahawks team tags and player numbers. As they were for offensive linemen (huge) and heavily used, they weren't appropriate to give to the clients (Romanian rural villagers). They were sold to collectors with the money used to buy baby socks.

As the charity is run by retirees and homemakers, I was brought in as the resident football 'expert.' As the clothes were dropped off by a Seahawks equipment department worker and no one (donor, workers, charity) was making a penny off the situation, it seemed unlikely someone would forge the numbers and tags on a pair of offensive limeman's pants to be given to a Romanian farmer. I may know something about football, but am no laundry afficianado. A volunteer introduced me to such concepts as laundry tags and pens. And I always thought that big metal metal box in the side room was my water heater.