View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesnut View Post
Came across this California Seals beauty by chance when I was in San Francisco for work earlier this week. It's an amazing first year 1967-68 California Seals NHL hockey pennant. Got it from a longtime Seals collector.

I've only seen this one other time and that was in a 2005 Hunt Auctions I found when looking at past auctions: https://huntauctions.com/live/imagev...=184&lot_qual=

Second image is a 1979-80 Edmonton Oilers pennant from the first year they entered the NHL. I can match it to the 1979-80 Oilers souvenir brochure in the photo. Very tough to match vintage hockey pennants to their souvenir brochure counterparts. This style is actually pretty tough to find.

Third image has the first Washington Capitals Stanley Cup Playoff series pennant in 1983, the second is a Western Canada Hockey League Winnipeg Jets pennant right before they came to the WHA - same logo they used in their first WHA season, and the last is a very rare I believe early 1950s Boston Bruins pennant - thought it may be late 40s, but I'm leaning early 50s.
Great finds?

Did you ever notice the CAPITALS logo is all lower case?