View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 12:47 PM
M@++ Cyganik

Default Following Up

I loved all of the well-thought out responses in this thread and in my short time collecting programs I echo the variance of "value" that they bring in the market. On one hand I wish the hobby would appreciate these treasures of history/art more compared to the fanatical values that cards bring for their history and art. On the other, because they are under-appreciated for the most part, a "high dollar" item for me on a rare, maybe very rarely ever seen again program is a drop in the bucket for a pre-war card among many in a set that other collectors chase. So for someone with a tight budget and a young family, it feels attainable to acquire vintage memorabilia in this way, and affords a level of research that I get out of placing the program within the context of its game, series, season, culture etc.

Jeff - that sounds like an incredible collection. How do you have it set up?

Are there any resources or collector hubs for programs/scorecard etc collectors out there? I'm part of a little used Facebook group but it seems like outside of tons of personal research on my own and talking to the occasional collector like this on this forum, there's not a ton of central knowledge about this area of collecting.