View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Ed Woelfle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
DiMaggio was one of those guys who I always thought was a sour puss and anti social. Kind of a pompous ass. But who knows. Maybe just an introvert who liked to be left alone. That's what he sounds like. Doesn't make him a bad guy at all.
That was my take (quiet, wanted his privacy) and I can understand/respect that. I try to imagine what it would be like to be in their shoes - the fame and notoriety may seem great on the surface, but can't imagine what it does to their personal lives and privacy over time. I guess that's the overriding feeling I have when I meet known sports or entertainment personalities - respect their space as I might expect them to do if the roles were reversed.

Sat next to Berman (Chris) one time on a flight to Buffalo (which isn't that easy as I'm 6' 4' and he's 6' 6"/7" and larger frame) - The Bisons (AAA team) were having a "Chris Berman Day" thing going on, guest of honor, throwing out first pitch, etc. You can see why he loves the city/people – I guess that's why he keeps predicting the Bills to win a Super Bowl :-)

BTW - to your original question, I guess I would choose Buck Weaver

Last edited by Edwolf1963; 06-24-2017 at 08:17 AM.