View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Now I have both the high bidder and the second high bidder trying to negotiate down on the price to way less then half the high bid. The second high bidder, I don't blame. I filed a NPB against the high bidder to get my Ebay fees back and avoid a defect (instead of making it easy on him and just canceling the transaction, and then me relying on him to ok the cancellation), and he went into panic mode, and basically intimated he got run up on purpose by the second high bidder, because of the price history on this piece.

Message back from him:

There is something wrong here....bottom line is this was a mistake. There was one that just sold in better condition for under $300, I purchased another one in the last month for $225...this is the Ebay number to prove it 221933169385
My max bid was $119...not $1191 which is what got registered.
You put a non pay on this item. If you want to cancel the auction so you do not have to pay fees, I would hope you would understand and find that fair. If you want to sell your piece, I will pay you $300. I have been buying newspapers for the past 18 months, I am very familiar with the values and rarity. Your piece is a great item, and I will be glad to add it to my collection.
Thank you.

Honestly, it's probably in my best interest to accept his offer, but a big part of me would rather close out the Non-paying bidder notice, block him, eat the piece, offer it again, and I wouldn't care if it sold for 10% of the original high bid.
I would not accept his offer, who says they are not going to try and screw you again. I would close out the case and relist after I blocked them as a bidder. That is what I am going to do to the guy that bought 5 items from me and never paid. My waiting period is done today finally.