Thread: Psa
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Michael

Just had a bunch of my cards submitted by an auction house to PSA fail. These include Harry Eisenstat who I corresponded with for many years and he signed this in one of our correspondences, Bobby Doerr (who would forge him??), Joe Cronin, 2 Warren Giles- all of which are good. People have seen my posted collection and these are easy guys that are easy to tell if they are legit. Again PSA seems to be saying they are going to reject many if not most vintage signed cards. A friend of mine had a Wagner exhibit with a full PSA (I had traded it to him and had gotten the full PSA for him). He lost the PSA letter and resubmitted the item to them- neglecting to tell them he had lost the letter. This happened recently and they said it was a fake (even though accepting it 2-3 years ago). PSA had previously rejected a Cobb, Lajoie and McKechnie and then after complaining on the forum and resubmitting, they were passed.
Being 66 years old- I wont be collecting forever. I wouldn't want my children to try to sell these after I pass away and have them (the unslabbed majority) all rejected even though folks like Jim Stinson and others have seen them and verbally told me they were good. I don't want to throw away $ on submitting them now if PSA will reject most. Everyone has some fakes but most of us who have been collecting since the 1960's and gotten their autographs IP, TTM and from reputable dealers like Jim, and Rich, and Bill, etc and some better auction houses and none from Coaches etc. We possible know authenticity as well as or better then some people working for TPA's. any advice?