View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default T206 collectors.....whats the average age of collectors?

Posted By: Zach Rice

Of all pre-war sets, I think the T206 set will have the largest amount of younger collectors collecting it, as well as older collectors. The reasoning behind this is simple, T206s are the most common cards of the era and are the easiest to find. If a young kid is looking to get involved in Pre-War baseball cards he or she is most likely to get a hold of a T206 card. They’re affordable, colorful, and include some of the biggest names in baseball’s history.

I purchased my first T206 card when I was twelve years old, a T206 Huggins. Why did I choose a T206 card to get me involved in old baseball cards? It was affordable, colorful, and it was the only set I could find, at the time, that had these old cards.

I'm now seventeen and I wouldn’t consider myself a T206 collector, necessarily, but I do pick up a Hall of Famer every so often. They’re neat cards but my collecting interests have changed to more esoteric sets.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart, however, for Cobb's and Mathewson's cards in the set.