View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Vincent Hecksel

My thoughts as a humble collector of baseball autographs. If first vote under the new rules occurs this year, given my age, I will likely only witness three such votes over the next 21 years. Doubt that I will still be collecting by the time that third vote occurs.

Also wonder if it more likely that a larger group (5-10 ?) of Veteran picks get elected each session, or will it be 1-3 new electees per session ?

One given; individual player and team stats will certainly not change for those from the period of 1871 to 1949. So what will be different during the next 20+ years to get ballplayers from those years elected, that is not present now ?

Personally, over the past 10 years or so, I too have put autographs of some “potentially” HOF qualified baseball-related individuals away. But I am not holding my breath that any of the, get elected, as I figured they would have been elected into the Hall of Fame by now any ways.

That said, I think collecting themes likely to continue to hold strong collector demand include baseball Hall of Fame members, and possibly World Series championship teams. Unfortunately, I get the impression that team-specific collectors, such as myself, are a dying breed.

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 07-27-2016 at 10:29 AM.