View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
Dr. Marshall is a character, as evidenced by his refusal to sign. He has a curious resume: Cy Young winner to professor to secretive pitching guru. He got his Ph.d. from Michigan State while he was still pitching in the Majors!

I had his autographed baseball. And to his credit it was signed nicely and neatly.

Getting a little off topic...

When I played against him, he would only pitch, never bat. He would meticulously write down every pitch ( or sequence) at the end of an inning in a notebook. Noone ever talked to him during the game. If you got a hit, he was annoyed. Hell, he seemed annoyed if you swung! Most times he left as soon as he was done pitching for the game. If he stayed, he would discuss the game, at bats you had, and general theory. But if anyone asked or mentioned his MLB career....icy stare or blank silence.

One highlight: One of my younger teamates ht a homerun off of him, We convinced him to ask for Mike to autograph it. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Last edited by Deertick; 05-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.