View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Banned

Default soaking cards

I have enjoyed reading the stories about soaking, since this is my business "GONE WITH THE STAIN" FOR 17 YEARS, I Would like to comment, soaking can be a accident waiting to happen, you can soak and get card crap off, but can you remove the heavy glue without ripping the card or creating a even bigger stain. This fine gentleman who worked of the " Ernie" card, pressing will not work, the card looks like a pancake, to help him if he needs this- put the card in luke warm water- for about 5 minutes,let the card swell, paper will raise, and leave it alone. If anybody wants to work on paper, at least call me so I can help them with water,my solvents- not water- remove dirt, it relaxes even paper wrinkles and removes heavy glue. I have done many albums for collectors,dealers with great results-- and even clean the dirt also. Let me know if I can help any chat 54 member-- and yes many chat 54 members have used my service, but again,this is free advice to help--- 315 375 8542 I am waiting on the Edwards auction to help the winner on the jackson glued in--that is my wish. Thank you all very much.