View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardtheory View Post
Clearly my point is that there is more trust that BGS didn't make a mistake on authenticity than with buying a PSA slab, that could very well be completely fake and/or tampered-with. Find me one instance of a completely fake or tampered-with BGS slab and it will be the first I have ever seen/heard of.

These PSA horror stories have been ongoing for a long time now and PSA has done virtually nothing of any substance to prevent tampering/faking. I mean, holograms? Come on. To me, this doesn't bode well for their brand in general, and long-term it is due for a huge decrease as people start to realize their product is the most easily faked/tampered-with. How can you trust ANY PSA graded card when it's so easy to fake them and/or tamper with them.

My point stands. I would rather have an authentic card in a BGS holder than a PSA graded card that you have no idea whether it is real or fake/tampered with. I know BGS is an inferior TPG, but their slabs are 1,000x safer. I mean, what good is your grading reputation when the slabs you put them in can be faked and/or tampered with? It completely defeats the purpose and undermines the "sanctity" of the grade.
The best slab in the world is worthless to me if I think the company can't spot alterations reliably.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-02-2016 at 11:55 AM.