View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Default What if the dream became reality? What would you do?

Posted By: John

Gil it does sound right but even as the buyer we both know the owner of the cards could easily get his 40k he needs if we were out of the picture. That’s the point of this question if we always do the right thing and its wrong to take advantage of people, and must be honest in our dealings then most all of us would have to walk away from a find like this. The fact that he needs the money fast is how we would justify that we basically still took advantage of the situation by paying him 31k vs. the real value of the items.

Many people in other threads said they wouldn’t in good conscience by certain items from auction houses or do business with certain dealers they felt had poor service. This scenario raises the question does the good conscience also apply here or is this something you would over look.

Wally that would be between 37-75k and you don’t have that in the scenario above.

I’m between option #1 and #2 but I might be like Adam and take #1 it might make me feel better to take #2 but I’m more than likely still taking advantage of the virtual guy but by less of an amount.

And don’t get excited there’s no guy this weekend that approached me with a box of E107’s this is all theoretical. Cause if there was I would have offered him $750.