View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Default Need genuine evaluation(s) from U-in the know

Posted By: BcDaniels 

OK, I was warned but did it anyway! I sent some SGC graded Mello Mints & George Close Candy cards et into PSA to get crossed over for no other reason than to add to the cards from these sets to register for fun. I had already optained more cards in PSA holders otherwise I may have done this the other way around. No political issues between the grading services promoted my actions. Now here is where the problem starts~
I clearly wrote on the invoice that I did not want the cards crossed over unless they were of Equal grade with the SGC holders they were presently in. No biggy.I was not asking for anything better on any of them.Well,they crossed over some as equal,did not remove some from the SGC holders and sadly,crossed over five of the cards,overiding my invoice instructions and they are now in one grade lower holders!
Three letters and a couple of phone calls and a flight down south later,a guy named Peter ( seems amicable and helpful) who now runs customer service requests I leave the cards with him for "review" prior to any offers of resolution.I told him I was a collector and really wanted them in the orginal holders, (destroyed) because I had no interest in selling them to PSA. He understood and promised me in writing that the cards be returned if an agreement (settlement) was not reached between us! Assuming the worst outcome, I hope to have a refernece point for negotiating the value difference between the grades the cards originally received and the grades they are now housed in. here you go~

E-105 Mello Mint Cy Young.
(Is in a "4" holder,was in a 60 holder)
E94 George Close Candy Hans Wagner*
(was in a SGC 60 holder-is now in a "4" holder)
E94 common-Joe Lake
(was in a 60 holder-is now in a "4" holder)
Tango Egg Billy Meyer-common
( WAS in an SGC 86 holder***-is now in a PSA 6 holder!)
PSA hammers the centering of Vintage cards that would be nearMint or better on centering )
lastly,a common E101-from a vg/ex holder to a VG holder*~

I really need a bunch of ideas on the difference in value between what WAS and what IS??? This will help eleviate the bias offers by myself or PSA. The reference numbers would really help!

Pete? T-bob? BOTN? Tim S?
John W? Leon,Scott B,Brian H,Quan(you would know!),Jonathan P,Mike W.,"Nex"man,Scott F,Wesley,Todd S,Dan K, Mike Wentz ???, B Weisner & anyone else who may have experience in pricing and keeping up on values of these. Thank You!