Thread: Greg Morris
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmorris818 View Post
Thank you for the question. In the interest of transparency, I want to provide some information about our process.

We have three main ways of checking for suspicious activity on consigned cards:

First, we spot-check active auctions when prices seem to be getting much higher than we anticipated. We're also fortunate to have a very engaged customer base, and will often get messages if there are concerns about a specific auction, which allows us to check it out.

Second, we monitor bid retractions through messages that eBay sends us or if someone raises a concern. If we come across an account that has suspicious retractions we report them to eBay and block them.

Third, we look at unpaid wins on all consigned cards. If we connect an unpaid card with a consignor, the consignor is banned. The most challenging type of activity to detect is of course the possibility that a consignor could win cards through a proxy and then pay for them, which we also prohibit.

Lastly, please keep in mind that the three issues I discussed above have many nuances to them. I just wanted to give an overview.

Thank you to everyone who has voiced support for my business. I take accusations like this very seriously. I welcome the opportunity to defend myself, so if anyone has a specific auction they want to address, please message me. I'm not claiming we have a perfect system, and we can always do better, but I truly believe that we do an effective job at making sure our auctions are on the up and up.
Greg, thank you for the great response.

Last edited by BengoughingForAwhile; 06-22-2019 at 08:16 PM.