View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 09:59 AM
Orlando Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniehatesjazz View Post
So true, no one mutters the word redneck nowadays (perhaps not totally directed towards "cowboys" but basically is). Please man, this is the one group that it's totally okay to make fun of in society today and face no negative consequences. The white working class and particularly the types who take on a "country" persona are the scapegoats of the white upper middleclass and beyond. It really is disgusting that people can hold such views and not realize the hypocrisy. My angst is totally directed at you but just the overall mindset of this in general.
You are 100% right on this. It bothers me to no end when African American comedians mock white people and it's totally ok. I think that reverse racism is part of the reason that so many white men are angry at the PC Police. But that shouldn't blind us to the fact that it's not cool to make fun of other cultures...especially those with the ugly history that the native Americans have. They don't have the Jesse Jackson's of the world fighting for them, but it doesn't make them any less worthy of the same considerations as we give African Americans.

Last edited by orly57; 01-30-2018 at 10:04 AM.