View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 07:35 PM
Steven

Kyle - I have reached out to Native Americans, I have asked them what they of names like those that belonged to Central Michigan University and the Cleveland Indians. I have gone to gatherings and social events that bring awareness to the tough road they have traveled. So why don't I do something you ask? Speaking my opinion is doing something, asking opinions and listening is doing something and becoming willing to change is doing something IMO.

Will removing this logo change the lives of all Native Americans? Absolutely not, not in any way. Go ono a reservation, study some history and look at what was done to this entire group as a whole and tell me how "important" that logo is...really? That cartoonish big smiling Chief is simply not cool and those are not my words only.

Why doesn't the Indians organization reach out to the local tribes and come to some sort of understanding? How hard would that be? I know there are ways for this to be done, its been done before and Id assume it will be done again. But I couldn't care less about how important this logo is to you or any "fan"...its simply disrespectful. We need to come to an understanding and evolve as the times evolve and we grow as a nation or we will die by killing our own brothers and sisters. I hate PC as well, just like Orly stated, but sometimes things need to change.