View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 04:50 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
Okay so maybe I haven’t been THAT inactive on eBay …

Two super-sized (5-1/2 feet long) 1969 ASCOs popped up. Similar composition to my others except these don’t have grommets. The seller claims these were hung with others at the ‘69 ASG in DC which was initially postponed by rain, causing the noticeable bleeding on the Dodgers spine. (1st pic is from the auction.) Who knows if true but there was a rain out. Maybe it was at an event or something. I’d love to know more about them.

Bleeding typically is, for me, a fatal flaw. I can cope better with missing tassels or tip. But I took a gamble that I could get it out. Turns out I had a metal yardstick that fit perfectly in the spine, so I made a 20/80 bleach/water solution and brushed it on it … it worked great with no spotting at all on the underneath blue. Bleeding all gone.

That makes 6 teams now and 18 to go. LOL. No shot. But Id love to get a super-sized Pilots if one still exists. I think I saw a Twins somewhere …
Wow. Love those pennants Greg.