View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 07:55 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE..Group of 36 subjects (350 Series) that are CB, EPDG, OM, PB NO-PRINTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
Hi Ted, I totally agree putting Demmitt STL and O'Hara STL in the 350/460 group. Looking at your Sovereign Apple Sheet, the first thing that jumped out at me was the group of Sweet Caporal "No Prints". Going by my list and your "Group A and B" lists, I was left with the following findings that were different.

Replacing Doyle and Rhoades with the STL cards for the Polar Bears is a possibility. But what about Simon Nichols Batting ? That card always ends up in my odd pile when breaking these sheets down. Plus its the most difficult Polar Bear, possibly more rare than the STL's.

Also, have all Sovereign Apple Greens with names on the top and bottom been different names? I thought that only happened in the 150 series.

Hi Ron

Regarding the Nichols card. Jantz Morey (GOD Bless his soul) and I shared theories about this "350/460" subject 12 years ago.
At that time, Jantz and I were the only ones that (that we knew of) who had this Nichols card with a POLAR BEAR back.
Jantz was working on a POLAR BEAR run, and clued me in as to how tough this Nichols card was.

Furthermore, Nichols' AMERICAN BEAUTY 350 (no frame) and DRUM cards are quite rare. And I base this on Nichols early MLB
retirement in the Spring of 1910 (the A's traded him to Cleveland). My theory says ALC replaced Nichols with Jake Stahl during
these print runs (circa Summer of 1910). Check-out this story in Post #39 in this thread.

TED Z