Thread: Frisch
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 06:58 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

I'm by no means an expert and have no opinion one way or the other as to authenticity, but I had a couple thoughts.

Assuming it's an identification and not a signature, could it be reasonable to think the similarities are due to the time it was written? Back in the days when cursive was taught in school and people had pride in their penmanship, it seems to me that similarities in style were more a by-product of people learning a specific way to form letters.

On the other hand, if legit, could it have been signed on the back because the front has a sort of gloss that wouldn't have been easily written on? I can't really tell if the photo has a sheen to it or what instrument was used to sign, but I know players like Jimmie Foxx and Jackie Robinson most often signed the backs of their HOF plaques due to the fact that the pens of the era didn't write well on the slicker surface of the front.

Again, not weighing in on authenticity, but hopefully providing some useful considerations to assist in the sluething. Either way, it's a cool item!