View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
trust me.....try on a T206
I have all of one T-206, bought on a whim at an antique store years ago for $10-$12, I'm fighting the urge. There are so many cool vintage pre-war cards. I may pick up one or two here and there someday just to have examples but I'm fighting off the urge, I light candles, chant and burn incense to chase away the impulse to delve into complete obsession in compiling sets...that's Jim Jones craziness.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the really old stuff but it seemed to me there was enough of it around to satisfy any collector seeking any condition, amazing collections really. As for prices, I don't know if they were good or not but I negotiated on everything I purchased. I'm not sure about the pre-war market.

Have to add; I also picked up four signed B/W photos, 1934 Ray Berres Brooklyn Dodger photograph from Wide World, ( my wife, a nurse, took care of him a couple times, said he was the nicest guy, told great stories), a Cubs 1950's Hank Sauer, Dee Fondy, Phil Cavarretta, Ted Lyons signed in ink pen, a Berra/Larsen 1956 World Series perfect game photo. I'll frame them and hang them up in the baseball part of my finished basement.

Last edited by RTK; 08-02-2015 at 10:19 AM.