View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 06:49 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerj33 View Post
This is a topic i am currently struggling with...where to move from here in my t206 efforts....i have a 521 set, with most hof graded, but a mix of sgc new/ sgc old / psa slabs. my pref is new sgc slabs....also a mix of off and common backs. yet i have a second set (minus maybe 15) which is also a mix.....what to do? sell off extras and only do binder? do both graded and raw separately? i think i will create a separate post to get ideas.
I would get all of the HOF'ers in your best set slabbed by SGC for sure if that is the slab you prefer. I would not spend $30 a pop for commons. If they were still grading low value cards at $10/each, I would grade the entire set but at triple that it is just not worth it. I would not break any out of slabs unless you intend to have the PSA graded cards graded by SGC. Sorry, it is just not smart to break cards out of slabs just because you like them raw. The slabs protect the cards from damage and make them much easier to sell if you pass away and your heirs decide to sell them.